Different LED lights are believed to do different things. Blue light therapy is one of the most popular LED treatments and has been proven to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin texture, even out skin tone, minimise pore size, and more. The Blue Light Therapy Pen is a powerful blue light device that effectively targets mild to moderate signs of ageing. It delivers concentrated light into the deeper layers of skin, stimulating collagen production and creating a brighter, smoother complexion. In this blog post, we cover the features, benefits, and reviews of the Blue Light Therapy Pen to help you determine if it’s the right device for your needs.
Overview of The Blue Light Therapy Pen – What Is It, And How Does It Work?
Blue light therapy pen uses advanced LED technology and safe, non-toxic light to penetrate the skin. The spectrum of blue light used is in the range of 420-470 nanometres, a wavelength that has been clinically proven to target acne bacteria and reduce inflammation. It also encourages collagen production, restoring firmness and elasticity while reducing the appearance of wrinkles. More often, red light therapy devices for home use have offered great results for years, and now, blue light pens are rising in popularity with each passing day.
Features of Blue Light Therapy Pen
In your quest to learn more about blue light therapy, we explore the 8 features of the Blue Light Therapy pen.
- Portable: The Blue Light Therapy pen is a portable, easy-to-use device that can be taken anywhere. It’s perfect for people who travel or are constantly on-the-go.
- Simple design: The device has a simple design that is easy to use. You don’t need any special knowledge or expertise to operate it.
- Effective: Blue Light Therapy pen is effective in treating a variety of skin issues, including acne, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Easy to clean: The device is easy to clean, making it hygienic and safe for repeated use.
- Non-invasive: Unlike other skin treatments that require invasive procedures, the Blue Light Therapy pen is non-invasive. It uses light therapy to heal the skin from within, without causing any pain or discomfort.
- Long-lasting: The Blue Light Therapy pen is designed to last for a long time, with no need for replacements. This makes it a cost-effective solution for people who want to improve their skin health.
- Adjustability: The device has adjustable intensity levels to suit your skin’s needs. You can start with the lowest intensity and gradually increase it as your skin gets accustomed to the treatment.
- Rechargeable: The Blue Light Therapy pen is rechargeable, making it eco-friendly and easy to use anywhere, anytime.
Benefits of Using a Blue Light Therapy Pen
Blue light therapy has been widely known to help with various skin conditions. But did you know that using a blue light therapy pen has many other benefits too? Here are the top 10 benefits of using a blue light therapy pen and why you should get one today.
Check out our top-selling red light therapy torch by clicking here.
- Fights against acne: One of the most popular uses of blue light therapy med is treating acne. It helps in killing bacteria that are responsible for causing acne on the skin. The blue light rays penetrate the skin and help eradicate the bacteria, helping you achieve clearer, smoother skin.
- Reduces wrinkles: Blue light therapy helps in the production of collagen- which helps reduce the formation of wrinkles. Using it regularly, you can potentially reduce your signs of ageing such as fine lines.
- Relieves pain: Blue light therapy also helps in treating a range of chronic or acute pain issues such as bruises, muscle strains, and inflammation in joints. When used on such areas, it can boost blood circulation and reduce inflammation. Also, just like red light therapy devices help with body pain, blue light pens have also helped people who suffer from back pain.
- Aids in healing of wounds: Blue light helps in healing skin wounds faster by stimulating the production of skin cells. It can be used on cuts, scrapes, and even post-surgical incisions.
- Improves mood: Blue light therapy pen can also help elevate your mood. It can be used as a form of light therapy, similar to sunlight, as it helps in the regulation of your circadian rhythm.
- Helps in treating Eczema: Eczema can cause rashes, dryness, and other skin issues. Blue light therapy can help treat such inflammations, and studies have shown visible improvements in the symptoms of those with eczema.
- No medications involved: Blue light therapy is a non-invasive and drug-free solution to many health and skin issues. This treatment is easy to use and requires no ingestion of any medication.
- Safe for long-term use: Blue light therapy is a safe method of treatment, with no side-effects, and can be used for extended periods.
- Easy to use: Using a blue light therapy pen is easy and convenient. With just a press of a button, you can focus on the affected area.
- Improves overall skin health: Blue light therapy pen can boost overall skin health, reduce pore size, and make your skin appear plumper and youthful.
Disadvantages Of Using Blue Light Therapy Pen
Blue Light Therapy is a unique kind of therapy that has gained immense popularity in recent times due to its effectiveness in treating a range of conditions. However, even with its amazing results, and the numerous benefits that it offers, blue light therapy pens have some disadvantages, just like red light therapy. Here are a few cons of using a blue light therapy pen and help you decide whether it is suitable for your condition.
- Dependency: One of the major disadvantages of using a blue light therapy pen is its dependency. Once you start using this pen, you must continue using it to maintain the results. If you stop using it, the condition may return. This means that people with chronic conditions may need to rely on the blue light therapy pen indefinitely, which can be a huge financial burden.
- Skin sensitivity: Blue Light Therapy can cause skin sensitivity, burning sensation or redness, which can further aggravate the conditions it’s trying to treat. Individuals with sensitive skin may suffer from rashes, itching, or burning sensations due to the blue light therapy pen.
- Eye irritation: Exposure to the blue light emitted by the therapy pen can cause eye irritation, thus becoming a serious concern for individuals with underlying eye diseases.
- Limited scope: Blue Light Therapy can only treat conditions with specific wavelengths of light. This means that it cannot be used for all skin conditions, limiting its scope and applicability.
- Requires multiple sessions: Blue Light Therapy is not a one-time fix, and multiple sessions are required to see results. This can be time-consuming and costly.
- Uneven skin tone: Blue Light Therapy can cause an uneven skin tone, which may become visible soon after the therapy. This condition may last for a short while, but it could also become permanent in some cases.
- Skin dryness: Blue Light Therapy can dry out areas of your skin, making it flaky and dehydrated. This can lead to other skin issues like eczema, which can be challenging to manage.
- Long treatment duration: Treatment with a blue light therapy pen can last for a long time in some cases, which can be wearisome and draining for individuals who do not have the time or energy for multiple sessions over extended periods. This only adds to the financial burden of using this therapy pen.
How To Properly Use The Blue Light Therapy Pen For Best Results
One of the most popular blue light therapy devices is the blue light therapy pen, which can be easily used at home to treat acne and reduce inflammation. However, it is essential to understand how to correctly use the device to achieve the best results. Let's get started on how you can use blue light therapy pens to get desired outcomes.
Step 1: Cleanse your skin – Before using the blue light therapy pen, it is crucial to cleanse your skin thoroughly using a gentle cleanser. This will remove all traces of makeup and impurities from your skin surface. The cleaner your skin, the more effective the blue light therapy will be in penetrating deep into the pores and killing the bacteria that cause acne.
Step 2: Select the appropriate intensity level – The blue light therapy pen comes with various settings that control the intensity and duration of the treatment. It is essential to select an intensity level that works best for your skin type and sensitivity level. It is advisable to start with the lowest setting and gradually increase it until you find the right setting that works for you.
Step 3: Apply the pen to the affected areas – Once you have selected the appropriate intensity level, apply the blue light therapy pen to the affected areas. Move the pen gently in circular motions over the skin, taking care not to apply too much pressure. Do not hold the device in one spot for too long, as this can cause skin irritation and further damage.
Step 4: Use the device consistently – Blue light therapy is not an overnight solution; it requires consistency to see results. To achieve the desired results, use the blue light therapy pen consistently for at least 10-15 minutes daily. It is also important to use the device on a regular schedule to maintain the results.
Step 5: Follow up with skincare routine – After using the blue light therapy pen, it is essential to follow up with your regular skincare routine. This will ensure that your skin remains hydrated, nourished, and protected. Apply a moisturiser or serum to your skin to help soothe and calm any potential redness or irritation.
Tips For Finding The Right LED or Blue Light Therapy Pen For You
LED and blue light therapy pens have become increasingly popular in recent years, as they provide an easy and effective way to treat a variety of skin concerns such as acne, aging, and hyperpigmentation. With so many options and features available, it can be daunting to choose the right one for your specific needs. Here are the tips for finding the perfect LED or blue light therapy pen for you.
- Identify your skin concerns– Before investing in a LED or blue light therapy pen, it’s important to establish your skin concerns. Are you struggling with acne breakouts or looking to reduce signs of ageing? Hyperpigmentation or sun damage? Each therapy pen has unique features and wavelength range, so identifying your skin concerns will help narrow down your options.
- Consider wavelengths – There are many wavelengths in the light spectrum, and different wavelengths target different concerns. Blue light is generally used for acne treatment as it kills bacteria and reduces inflammation. Red light stimulates collagen production and reduces inflammation, helping to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Purple light is a combination of blue and red light, offering a versatile solution for a variety of skin concerns.
- Choose a reputable brand – Quality is key when it comes to LED and blue light therapy pens. Reputable brands use medical-grade materials, have reliable customer service, and offer warranties for their products. Be wary of cheap, knock-off products as they may not provide effective results and could even be harmful to your skin.
- Consider ease of use – Not all therapy pens are created equal – some come with confusing instructions and multiple complicated features. It’s important to choose a therapy pen that’s easy to use and provides clear instructions. Look for LED or blue light therapy pens that have a simple design, intuitive controls, and quick treatment times.
- Budget wisely – LED and blue light therapy pens vary in price, with some cheaper models available. However, it’s important to consider your budget as well as your skin needs. Opting for a more expensive product may provide additional benefits, such as multiple wavelength settings, faster treatment times, and better quality materials. It’s generally recommended to invest in a high-quality product that will provide effective, long-lasting results.
What Is The Difference Between Blue Light Therapy and Red Light Therapy?
Here are 5 differences between blue light therapy and red light therapy.
- Wavelengths: Blue light therapy uses a shorter wavelength of 415nm which is effective in killing bacteria and reducing inflammation, while red light therapy uses a longer wavelength of 660 nm to penetrate deep into the skin to stimulate collagen production, reduce inflammation, and promote healing
- Applications: Blue light therapy is mainly used to treat acne and prevent future breakouts, while red light therapy can be used for treating a variety of skin concerns such as wrinkles, sun damage and hyperpigmentation.
- Treatment Times: Blue light therapy sessions typically last 15-20 minutes, compared to longer treatment times with red light therapy which can be up to 40 minutes.
- Results: Blue light therapy results are often seen in just one session, while red light therapy may require several sessions before the desired effect is achieved.
- Cost: Generally, blue light therapy pens are cheaper than red light therapy pens as they tend to have fewer features and settings.
Ultimately, both blue light therapy and red light therapy offer unique benefits depending on your skin type and individual needs. The pros of red light therapy are many, and this also applies to the use of blue light pens and other devices.
To ensure the best results, it’s important to consult with a professional dermatologist or aesthetician before choosing a therapy pen. That way you can get tailored advice on what wavelength and features will be the most effective for your skin concerns. Additionally, it’s important to follow all instructions carefully and use the device according to manufacturer directions. Doing so will ensure you get the best results from your LED or blue light therapy pen.
Is Blue Light Therapy Safe and Effective?
Yes, blue light therapy is a safe and effective way to treat skin concerns such as acne, ageing, and hyperpigmentation. However, it’s important to use the device correctly and follow up with your skincare routine to avoid any potential side effects. It’s also essential to invest in a high-quality LED or blue light therapy pen to ensure the best results. With the right device and proper use, blue light therapy can be a great option for achieving healthy, glowing skin.
LED and blue light therapy pens are becoming increasingly popular for a range of skin concerns. To ensure the best results, it’s important to invest in a reputable brand that is easy to use and offers a range of features to suit your needs. Additionally, consulting with a dermatologist or aesthetician prior to purchasing one is always recommended. With the right device and proper use, LED or blue light therapy can be an effective way to achieve healthy, glowing skin.